🥧🎉 LIVE online class: Let's make choux pastry & Discuss Science. Oct-22nd, sign up here 🎉🥧
Here at FoodCrumbles we improve food, with science. We’re a small business. I, the owner, Annelie, get the occasional help here and there but most of it is me.
FoodCrumbles is in it for the long run. We’ve been growing steadily over the past several years, growing the blog, the course offerings and our following. Good quality, consistent growth is more important than quick wins! We’re all about helping people, teaching others something new and learning a bunch ourselves along the way.
If you want to join in any way possible, I think you’d be a great fit if:
- You’re pro-active, come up with ideas, and aren’t waiting for detailed instructions
- You like to figure things out
- You understand that FoodCrumbles is not about sharing recipes, or your new favorite quick meal.
If you think you can contribute to FoodCrumbles, please reach out and share how you think you can help FoodCrumbles grow and improve. Below you can find an overview of the roles/projects I’m looking for specifically, but don’t hesitate to reach out for other roles/functions.
Looking to guest post? Look for those types of collaborations here.
I’m a food scientist by training and my heart lies with producing new articles, courses, doing experiments, etc. I also love answering questions, helping businesses and hosting events. However, I’m not a big fan of social media, marketing, pr, and communication. They’re no strengths of mine for sure and I’m looking for someone who does love this field and is great at it too.
The role is pretty flexible and may develop over time, but I’m looking for someone who:
- Can come up with a pr/marketing strategy and execute it too.
- Truly tries to understand the business and people we’d like to reach.
- Manages the social media presence (focus on Instagram & Twitter)
- Note, depending on the amount of work, part of the execution/scheduling can be delegated to someone else
- Comes up with great ideas to market the blog & food science courses.
- Helps improve my email marketing strategy and execution.
- Can help market our live events.
- Helps out behind the scenes during live events where necessary.
You will NOT be responsible for: writing weekly newsletters (though giving input to improve those is part of the role), write blog posts.
You’re probably a great fit if you:
- Love marketing/PR/communication (this is a MUST 🙂).
- Enjoy doing both strategy AND execution.
- Want to be responsible for all marketing/PR/communication and like the challenge of bringing this to the next level.
- You don’t mind working fully remotely.
- Want to work for a small, but growing business.
- Ideally have some graphic design skills as well.
What we offer:
- This is a freelance position, meaning you can do the work when it fits your schedule. Every month we agree upon certain deliverables and you’re free to execute those when you wish.
- A $500,-/month budget, with a minimum of 3 months as long as milestones are delivered.
- Payments, contracts, etc. go through Upwork (please note they charge fees for freelancers).
- Send me a message/letter in which you explain why you’re a great fit for the role. Also include a short description of how you would get to work and what your first steps would be.
- A next step would be an online video call
Internships / (summer) projects
If you’re a student and need to do a project with a business, as part of your education, continue reading. I love working together with students in a mutual manner. You will learn, and so will we. I’m currently especially interested in students looking for projects in the areas given below. For any project, you’ll be given a lot of freedom and flexibility and I’m happy to take you onboard and tell you more about what it is like to run a business like FoodCrumbles. Interested? Do reach out so we can have a chat!
Graphic Design Student
Want to build your portfolio while getting a chance to have your work published online immediately? Or looking for a company to do a school project for? Why not team up with FoodCrumbles?
What you get to do: generate fun, creative ideas on how to use various types of graphic design to improve FoodCrumbles. Whether that’s a nice visual to improve a complex lesson in one of our courses, or a drawing to supplement a blog post, or maybe a nice certificate for a student who completed a course. Choose what excites you most and what fits best with your educational objectives. In return, you get to publish your materials on a website with >100k monthly visitors and get a chance to practice your working skills.
Marketing & Sales Strategy
There’s always room to improve, especially when it comes to marketing and sales at FoodCrumbles. If you need to do a school project within this realm, why not consider FoodCrumbles?
I’d be especially interested in a (group of) student(s) who can analyze the current marketing efforts and make proposal on how to improve that, within the given boundaries. Execution of the strategy is optional.
Food Science Expertise (filled – not taking new applications)
Passionate about the science of your food, and maybe even attending university within the field? Then I’d be happy to have you on board. Whether you’d like to write a guest post, help review courses, or use your industry understanding to help develop a strategy.
Have something else in mind? Just reach out and let’s talk!