Pancakes, who doesn’t like them? Especially since you can tweak and change them in whichever way you want! You can make thick pancakes, thin ones, large, tiny, airy, dense, sweet, savory, etc. etc. If you’ve...
Tag - vegetables
The science of vegetables (and for that matter fruits), is more extensive than you might think. What about?:
- The chemistry of its colours
- The unique texture
- The bitterness of a product like Brussel sprouts
- The spiciness of peppers
- The role of zucchini in a cake (in a chocolate cake to be precise)
- Why it can be hard to soften an eggplant
- How smart packaging can extend the shelf life of vegetables without any added ingredients
- The fact that vegetables respire, even after harvest
- Or the popping of popcorn (did you know not everyone corn can pop?)
Or continue reading for a lot of other interesting topics.